Saturday, September 6, 2014

Geraniums Day 4, 5, 6

Geraniums  Day 4, 5, 6 

Geraniums  
6" x 6"Oil on Gesso Board
$30

McDonough, Georgia, where I now live, is called the Geranium City.  McDonough is a fabulous little city just south of Atlanta where there is an iconic square complete with stately oak trees, park benches, and a statue for the Confederate soldiers in Henry County.  Throughout the year there are various festivals and events which bring tents and vendors, families and youngsters, blankets and Frisbees, as well as photographers for weddings or prom pictures. There are always red geraniums planted all around the square each year, but I have not found the history behind being  named The Geranium City.

In any case, I have always been a great fan of geraniums.  They come in a variety of colors, they are extremely hardy, and look lovely from spring through late fall. I am not sure I have captured the depth of their color in this series, but I sure do love working on them!

Thank you for enjoying!

Elaine Ford 



1 comment:

  1. Very colorful and lively paintings! I love geraniums too. Good luck with Leslie's challenge!

    ReplyDelete