Monday, September 12, 2016

Crushed Velvet

Crushed Velvet   9x12  Oil


This unique old chair sits at the entry of Deep South Deli and Pub here in McDonough.  It really gets the attention when the sun streams in during the early part of the day.

I took a photograph with this orange, crushed velvet chair back in February in preparation for a painting workshop with Anne Blair Brown in Nashville.  The workshop focused on 'Painting the Interior'.  She is a master at this craft and an excellent teacher, but I struggled so with composition and values, that I didn't finish even one painting!  Nonetheless, I packed it up for another day.  

The sunlight, angles, and shadows were all a challenge, but I was fairly happy with the finished piece.  I hope to finish the other paintings that I began in this class.  So many ideas to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment